Charlie Merrill, a physical therapist and Tabi shoe enthusiast, takes a deep dive on pain in this week’s episode of Cycling in Alignment.
Injury can have a devastating impact on many athletes. The conversation covers how and why so many individuals have dealt with some aspect of pain in their time of athletic pursuit. Colby and Charlie also cover the degree to which pain can set us back in terms of physical fitness and emotional well being.
All that and much more, this week on Cycling in Alignment.
- Merrill Performance Web: https://www.mperformance.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MPerformanceBoulder
- Instagram: @charliemerrill https://www.instagram.com/charliemerrill/
- Kit Laughlin: https://stretchtherapy.net/
- Peter O’Sullivan: http://www.pain-ed.com/team/
- Stu McGill: https://www.backfitpro.com/about-us/
- Guy Winch Ted Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/guy_winch_why_we_all_need_to_practice_emotional_first_aid
- Keith Bontrager and the Myth of KOPS [Knee Over Pedal Spindle]: https://sheldonbrown.com/kops.html
- Steve Bauer “chopper” Paris-Roubaix bike circa 93: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/top-five-worst-cycling-inventions-196732
- Charlie’s video on Jika-Tabi Shoes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLkMni4Qv1Q&t=2s